Tuesday 29 May 2012

Monday 28 May

An evening walk to a local badger sett about 9pm.  Did not have to wait long for the first badgers to appear and they started ambling about in 1's and 2's until we counted about 8 or 9 of them in total. After a while most of them seemed to have wandered off and a fox casually trotted right through the middle of the sett!  After a further wait of some 10 minutes or so a tawny owl flew silently across the sett low to the ground and being chased by an indignant blackbird! A great but oh so fleeting moment to savour!

After a while and near 10pm we headed back and on the way stopped to see some acrobatics from the local bats who put on a good acrobatic display - great stuff!  This walk just illlustrates what is on your own doorstep in terms of wildlife watching!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hunter.
    I,ve got you down now in blogs I follow on my website.I have tried and failed several times to get you down on my blogs list on the front page as there are several changes I want to make to that.Several are no longer posting.
    Alex set that up at the start but google has changed the format since then.
    I,m not bad at the writing side of things but crap at technical stuff like that.Its got Alex stumped too .
    If I find out how to do it it will appear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Bob your efforts are much appreciated! Keep up the good work on your blog.

    ReplyDelete